Please click on the link below to enjoy the February 2019 edition of the Highlands Happenings, an elementary school newsletter.
Fifth grade students created valentines for children at LaRabida Children's Hospital. Valentines included positive messages, poems, and beautiful artwork.
A regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the LRC at 1750 W. Plainfield Road, La Grange, IL 60525. The agenda for the meeting is now available by going to Administration --> Board of Education --> Agendas
Kindergarten Pre-Registration will be held on Tuesday, February 26, from 4:00 - 6:00pm. Please click on the link below for more information, including a list of required residency documents.
Click here to view the February/March 2019 edition of the Superintendent's newsletter.
Due to continued frigid temperatures, there will be no school on Thursday, January 31, 2019. School will resume with a normal school day on Friday, February 1.
Due to the dangerously cold wind chills predicted, there will be no school at LaGrange Highlands tomorrow, Wednesday, January 30. The anticipated wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 5 minutes, so take all necessary precautions to keep your family safe and secure! Experts caution it will be too cold to allow children to play outside.
As you know the extreme cold is expected to continue into Thursday. At this time, there will be no before-school activities on Thursday. We will continue to monitor weather forecasts and conditions. A decision about school on Thursday will be communicated midday tomorrow/Wednesday.
Finally, please know the district is required to make up a Snow/Cold Day, and there are five “emergency days” built into the calendar each year for this purpose. Since this will be our second snow day, this changes our last day of school to June 5.
- Given the expected timing of the overnight and morning snowfall, we, along with Lyons Township High School, will have a 10:00 am Late Start for Monday, January 28.
- This delayed start will allow snow removal crews to clear roads, parking lots, and sidewalks for our parents and staff.
- Drop off for students will begin at 9:40.
- Teachers, please plan to arrive by 9:30.
- Thank you for using caution and common sense as you navigate the drop off lines.
- We are also monitoring the unusually frigid temperatures forecasted for later this week, and I will be in touch regarding school plans for Wednesday and/or Thursday.
Our Highlands Elementary families (mixed-age student groups) had another amazing experience this morning. Each family completed a fleece blanket that will be donated to Pillars and given to a person in need. A special Shout Out to Mrs. Laura Jost for her many hours of work preparing the blankets so students could tie and complete the project!