Department of Finance & OperationsAudit & Annual Financial Report:
The School District’s accounting and audit services shall comply with the Requirements for Accounting, Budgeting, Financial Reporting, and Auditing, as adopted by the Illinois State Board of Education; State and federal laws and regulations; and generally accepted accounting principles.
At the close of each fiscal year, an audit of the District’s funds, account statements, and other financial matters is performed. This audit is performed by an independent certified public accountant designated by the Board and conforms to prescribed standards and legal requirements. In addition to the audit, each year an Annual Financial Report (AFR) is also prepared by the independent certified public accountant and is then submitted to the Illinois State Board of Education.
Each fall, the district’s auditing firm completes its evaluation of the preceding school year (ending June 30). The most recent District 106 AFR can be accessed by clicking here. This document reviews final revenues and expenditures from the 2016-2017 school year.
Annual Financial Reports:
- 2016-2017 Annual Financial Report
- 2015-2016 Annual Financial Report
- 2014-2015 Annual Financial Report
- 2013-2014 Annual Financial Report
- 2012-2013 Annual Financial Report
- 2011-2012 Annual Financial Report
- 2010-2011 Annual Financial Report
- 2009-2010 Annual Financial Report
- 2008-2009 Annual Financial Report
- 2007-2008 Annual Financial Report
Annual financial reports for preceding years can be accessed through the Illinois State Board of Education website by clicking here.